Call for Personal Experience Submissions
CCSA is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the Issues of Substance 2023 conference.
Our conference acknowledges the principle that all voices should have a platform to share knowledge and experience. With this in mind, we welcome submissions based on personal experience of substance use (Personal Experience) and submissions for research, program or policy abstracts (Research, Policy and Program Abstracts).
The final day to submit a personal experience submission is Mon., Feb 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Guidelines for Personal Experience Submissions
The conference audience will be healthcare professionals, researchers, policy makers, those with lived and living experience and many others.
What we are looking for:
- Presentations that are relevant to substance use.
- Presentations that have a clear message that can be presented to the audience.
Example ideas include:
- The challenges and successes of providing support to individuals who use substances;
- The use and effects of different types of drugs
- Managing wellness while using substances, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Substance use and mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- Alternative or new approaches to providing support to people who use substances; and
- Alternatice recovery stories and practices
How to Submit Your Personal Experience Submission
If you would like to contribute to the conference by presenting your experience and perspectives on substance use or your substance use journey, please submit your presentation idea using the CCSA personal experience portal. Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email from CCSA acknowledging your submission.
If you need help with your submission, please consult our How to Tell a Story Safely resource. You can also email email@example.com or call 1-833-235-4048 to speak with someone from CCSA for direct assistance.
If you have any additional questions, please firstname.lastname@example.org.