Call for Personal Experience Submissions
CCSA is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the Issues of Substance 2021 conference.
Our conference acknowledges the principle that all voices should have a platform to share knowledge and experience. With this in mind, we welcome submissions for research, program or policy abstracts (Academic Abstracts) and submissions based on personal experience related to substance use (Personal Experience).
The final day to submit a personal experience submission is Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Guidelines for Personal Experience Submissions
This year’s conference will be virtual and we encourage different types of submissions such as posters, artwork, storytelling or other type of oral presentation.
The conference audience will be healthcare professionals, researchers, those with lived and living experience and many others.
What we are looking for:
- Your idea should be relevant to the topic of substance use.
- Your idea should have a message that can be presented with clarity to the audience.
Things to consider:
- Providing an idea or message that could improve the work and understanding of conference participants of people with lived and living experience of using substances.
- If you are a person with living experience (actively using drugs including alcohol), helping others understand the pros and cons of your experience could be helpful.
- If you are a person in recovery, your recovery practices might open a door to possibilities others have not considered.
Example ideas include:
- The challenges and successes of providing support to those who use substances;
- The use and impact of different types of drugs;
- Managing wellness while using substances, especially during COVID-19;
- Substance use and mental health;
- Stigma and discrimination; and
- Alternative or new approaches to providing support to people who use substances.
How to Submit Your Personal Experience Submission
If you would like to contribute to the conference by presenting your experience and perspectives on a topic related to substance use, please submit your presentation idea using the CCSA abstract portal. Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email from CCSA acknowledging your submission.
If you need help with your submission, please consult our How to Tell a Story Safely resource. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-235-4048 to speak with someone from CCSA for direct assistance.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.