CCSA's Issues of Substance is coming in November 2023
CCSA is celebrating two major anniversaries in 2023. We are celebrating the 35th anniversary since we were established and are hosting the 10th edition of our Issues of Substance conference.
CCSA's Issues of Substance conference, held every two years in November, makes an impact on substance use health and mental health issues in Canada. People who attended our 2021 event told us that after it:
- 95% were more aware of the work others across Canada are doing in the substance use field
- 88% agreed or strongly agreed that they could apply what they learned to the work they do
- 85% agreed or strongly agreed that the conference increased their knowledge of substance use and its harms
- 81% agreed or strongly agreed that the conference increased their understanding of best practices and evidence-informed innovations
- 79% agreed or strongly agreed that the conference will help them respond to system, client or community needs
CCSA’s three-day Issues of Substance conference provides a unique opportunity to share new research and best practices, network with peers and receive practical training related to substance use and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Our national conference is of interest to:
- Addiction workers
- Healthcare professionals
- Policy makers
- Knowledge brokers
- People with lived or living experience with substance use or substance use disorder
Call for Submissions
The call for submissions for CCSA’s Issues of Substance 2023 will open during the winter 2022–2023. Additional details on the call for submission process will posted on the conference website in the coming months.
Remember to keep up to date on the latest news about the conference by following the official conference twitter feed at @IOS_QDS.