CCSA’s Issues of Substance returns to an in-person event in Vancouver
The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction is happy to announce that our Issues of Substance conference will return in 2023 as an in-person event during CCSA’s 35th anniversary.
Join us on the West Coast at the Vancouver Convention Centre from Nov. 20 to 22, 2023.
Our Issues of Substance conference brings together diverse partners to share experiences with substance use, new research, best practices, emerging trends and issues, treatment and prevention initiatives, and other innovations in the field that affect the health and safety of people living in Canada.
Our national conference is of interest to:
- Substance use specialists (e.g., health professionals, treatment providers, clinical staff, counsellors, social workers);
- Allied professionals (e.g., hospital staff, law enforcement personnel, correctional workers);
- Primary care and public health professionals (e.g., public health nurses, health promotion program staff);
- Medical professionals practising specialties (e.g., emergency medicine, cancer treatment, neurology, internal medicine);
- Policy and decision makers, program managers;
- Knowledge brokers;
- People with lived or living experience and their families and friends; and
- Private sector professionals
Mental Health Commission of Canada Returns as Our National Sponsor
For the third consecutive conference, CCSA is pleased and honoured to have the Mental Health Commission of Canada as a national sponsor for our event. With their involvement, the conference program will have a focus on the interconnection between mental health and substance use. More information on this will be available when the full conference program is released this summer.
Registration for the conference is now open. Event registration is open to people who share a common interest in addressing problems related to substance use health and mental health.
Find more details about registration, including fees and deadlines, on the registration page.
Remember to keep up-to-date on the latest news about the conference by following CCSA on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.